Saturday 31 January 2009

My First Basic Grey Challenge

I saw this sketch from the Basic Grey Challenge Blog whilst blog hopping today and really liked the layout, so I thought I would have a go.
I really like the Eva papers from Basic Grey, so decided to use those on my card and I already had an image coloured in that matched the papers, so away I went and this is what I came up with.


I was quite pleased with it really and I love Pink and Green together, just hope I haven't over done it!
PAPERS: Basic Grey Eva
IMAGE: 'Tilda with Bird'
COLOURED WITH: W H Smith Watercolour Pencils
FLOWERS: Prima Hydrangas
BRADS: Papermania
SWIRL: A gift from Kay on the DC site.
SENTIMENT: Hero Arts
Thanks for looking, Michele xx

15 comments:

Joey said...

oh Michele this is absolutely stunning, I love the image, papers colours all of it. joey.xx

Wendy said...

Love the colours on this one Michele, lovely card
Wendy x

Danita said...

So very cute!!! Great coloring and awesome papers to compliment your image!!! Great job with this challenge!!!

Anonymous said...

loved this card,great colours and combo.incy.x

Heather said...

Beautiful card - great take on Martine's sketch. The colours and colouring are fantastic and I love your embellishments, especially the flourish.
Thanks for joining us at BG.
hugs Heather xx

Natalie said...

This is lovely Michele, great papers and image and I love the swirl. x

Caroljenks said...

Love your card - I agree, the pink & green look gorgeous together :) Had added myself to your followers :) Speak soon,
Carol x

Sue said...

Hi Michele, I love your card and I don't think you've overdone it at all, it's perfect.

I have left something for you on my blog, but looks like someone beat me to it.lol. Sue.x

Jo Nevill said...

Your card is stunning and I adore the colour combo you have used. Thank you for playing along with us this week and we hope to see you back again with another stunning creation !

Hugs,

Jo x

Unknown said...

Very pretty Card and great take on the sketch too!
Jx

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Michele. Looks like we've used the same flourish on our cards!!

gina g said...

this card is gorgeous Michele love the colours and the papers are lovely aren't they. luv gina xx

Christine said...

Great card Michele must try this challenge.

Christine xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, love the papers you've used and Tilda looks fab.

Kim Costello said...

Fantastic card - love your take on Martine's sketch and the lovely BG papers you've used!!!
Thanks for joining us at BG challenges this week, HuGs Kim :D

you can contact me by e-mail at shelley-28@live.co.uk