Wednesday, 31 December 2008
We had a great time with all the family round. I ate loads, which I said I wouldn't do, but I couldn't help myself! I enjoyed it though so that's the main thing.
I thought I would show you the last couple of things I was asked to make for Christmas whilst we are still in December, then I can forget about it for another year! The first one is the candle I was asked to make for my cousin, using the Mimi and Snowman stamp from Pink Gem Designs. She asked for 'anything Pink' as it was for her little girl, so I thought this image would be ideal and she loved it.
This one was for my son to give to his boss, Vicky. I chose Pink Petticoat papers and image for this card as he wanted something modern, 'no snowmen or hedgehogs' were his exact words!
He was very pleased with it and she loved it aswell.
Thanks for looking. Wishing you all a Happy New Year.
Tuesday, 23 December 2008
It is all better now though, so I would just like to Thank you all for your lovely comments this year, I really appreciate them all. I will catch up on all your blogs after Christmas, but in the meantime I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and healthy New Year.
Luv Michele xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wednesday, 17 December 2008
The rules are: You have to give the award to 5 others and link to their blog, aswell as who gave you the award.
These 5 people shall pass it on to another 5.
Then list 5 things you are addicted to.
So here are my 5 things:
1. My Family
5. Greys Anatomy (Oooh that McSteamy!)
The 5 people I have chosen to give this award to are: Erin, Sarah, Joey, Joy and Mina
Sorry if you already have it girls.
Off to let them know now. xxxxxxxx
In the meantime, I thought I would show you a few of the cards that I have been making, I didn't have time to take pics of them all as I made them, but managed these few. As you can see I love my Blue this Christmas and alot of my cards have been made with these Blue papers from Dovecraft.
These next few cards will be going to some ladies on the Docrafts Site, they should have received them now, so I know it's OK to put them on here.
Tuesday, 9 December 2008
I used my Winter Wonderland papers for this card and really love this cute snowman image. It's a pity the picture is a bit dark, but it's the best I could do today.
Saturday, 6 December 2008
I love the PB Hedgies and this is one of my favourite Christmas images. I have made a start on my family cards as I have so many to do and want to give them all out next Sunday when we are all together for another birthday, so I have a busy week ahead!
Tuesday, 2 December 2008
1. And this is really weird! I can only eat sandwiches if they are cut into triangles, or in half diagonally. I cannot even look at a sandwich that is cut in half or squares!! I know, I know, totally mad but I can't help it.
2. I believe in love at first sight - it worked for me!
3. I would love to visit Australia and climb to the top of the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
4. I would love to see the Grand Canyon (but not by helicopter)
5. I love music and always have something playing in the background whilst doing h/w and crafting.
6. I get hysterical at the sight of a moving daddy long legs. (especially if it's coming towards me!)
7. I know I will never get to do this, but I would love to cuddle a big Silverback Gorilla.
Now I have to tag 7 other people and I choose Vicky, Saz, Caz, Gina, Wendy, Babz and Alex
I thought I might find it hard not using my lovely papers, but I think I did OK with this one.
RED CARDSTOCK: Core'dinations
IMAGE: Penny Black
WHITE BACKGROUND: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots
GEMS: from stash
Thanks for looking, Michele xxxxxxxx
Monday, 1 December 2008
1. I once went up in a helicopter and I hated every minute of it.
2. I hate Peanut Butter - the taste and the smell. Urgh!
3. I love rollercoasters - the faster the better.
4. I love karaoke.
5. I love reading, when I get the chance and when I'm not blogging! I love anything by Harlen Coben.
6. One of my most treasured possessions is a photo of Donny Osmond and he has signed it "Happy 40th Birthday Michele, love Donny"
7. I am so glad I started my blog and got to meet so many lovely bloggers.
I now have to tag 7 other people and let them know they have been tagged.
The 7 people I am tagging are: Joy, Caz, Gina, Tara, Mina, Caroline, and Natalie.
Bye for now, Michele xxxxxxxx
I was given this award a couple of weeks ago, but was chuffed to receive it again. It says I have to pass it on to 5 other people, but there are so many great blogs I visit it is getting harder to choose, so to anyone who visits my blog and hasn't received it yet, this is for you!
Bye for now, Michele xxxxxxx
Saturday, 29 November 2008
Wednesday, 26 November 2008
Tuesday, 25 November 2008
"This blog invests and believes the PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbon of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers." I thought this was really lovely and it made my day.
Please choose 8 bloggers to pass the award on to, who must choose 8 more and include this cleverly written text into the body of their award.
The 8 bloggers I have chosen to pass the award on to are: Alex, Joy, Erin, Mina, Michelle, Barbara, Julie and Juliet
Monday, 24 November 2008
I've also decided to make an effort to enter alot more challenges on my blog, so thought I would combine the two. Here is my entry for the Sketch Saturday Challenge, I quite enjoyed making this one and it makes things so much easier when you have a sketch to help with the design.
ANGEL STAMP: Judikins,
SENTIMENT: Create it
RIBBON & GEMS: From stash
Sunday, 23 November 2008
I had a tidy up in my craft room the other day at hubby's request, as I do share his office.
I think I made a very good job of it and used my new storage boxes that he bought me from Ikea.
He couldn't believe it when I had finished and suggested I take photo's "because it won't look like it for long" were his exact words. lol
He said I should've taken 'before' photo's, but I think I would've been too embarrassed to put them on here. lol
It looked such a mess and he could just about sit at the desk, but always came away with glitter or bits of paper stuck to him.
He was so good to let me share his office. I used to have a corner of the living room and one day he said "why don't I put a couple of shelves up in my office for you?" and now he is the one with one shelf! It's the one at the bottom of the small bookcase. He does laugh about it though.
Below, I have all my wooden stamps on one shelf with my cuttlebug and I keep my unmounted stamps (of which I have a growing collection) in a couple of my Green boxes along with a box each for ribbons, adhesives, craft cd's, ink pads and one for my cuttlebug folders and nesties. All of my little embellishments like, buttons, brads etc are kept in the plastic cases in little compartments, so I can easily find them.
I have a big desk, which gives me lots of room to spread out when I'm making cards and I keep all my most used items on the desk, like my black ink pad and my adhesives and some punches, but everything is within reach, which I like.
Wednesday, 19 November 2008
Go and visit her amazing blog for the chance to enter.
Good luck to all.
Tuesday, 18 November 2008
The rules of the award are:
1. The winner may put the logo on their blog.
2. Put a link to the person who gave you the award.
3. Nominate 5 blogs to receive the award.
4. Put a link to their blogs.
5. Leave a message for them on their blogs.
The 5 blogs I choose are, Michelle, Sarah, Joy, Erin and finally, back to you Mina. Please check out the blogs as they are all fab.
Sunday, 16 November 2008
Friday, 14 November 2008
Wednesday, 12 November 2008
Friday, 7 November 2008
THINGS I LOVE
1. Hubby, kids and family
2. Games night with my family (we have such a hoot)
3. Shopping with my daughter
4. My craft stuff.
5. Watching my cousin Karen on karaoke (guaranteed to make me laugh)
THINGS I DON'T LOVE
1. Daddy long legs. Urgh!
2. Dishonest people.
3. Bad manners.
5. Peanut Butter (the smell and the taste)
MUSIC ON MY iPOD (itunes)
1. Take That - Rule the World
2. The Script - The man who can't be moved.
3. Nat King Cole - The very thought of you.
4. Timberland - The way I are
5. Jamiriquai - Space Cowboy (great to dance to)
FAVE FOOD AND DRINK (this was difficult - apart from the first one!)
2. My mum's Meat Pie
3. My homemade trifle
4. A decent cuppa
5. Chicken casserole with Dumplings MMMmmmmmmm
Now I have to tag 5 other people, link to their blog and let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
5 PEOPLE I HAVE TAGGED ARE: Joy, Carly, Erin, Vicky and Caz
Apologies if you have been tagged before ladies.
Thursday, 6 November 2008
I have to pass it on to 7 people and it was very difficult to choose, as there are so many wonderful blogs out there, but in the end I chose:
Joy, Gina, Janet, Michele, Alex, Erin and Julie
I didn't really have to do much to make this card. I made it for my cousin's son Tye, who was 4 yrs old on Sunday. I was originally all set to make a Power Rangers card, as he has liked them for ages, but at the last minute my SIL told me he had gone off them and now likes the Transformers, so it was back to google!
I think it came out OK though.
bye for now xx
Wednesday, 5 November 2008
Wednesday, 29 October 2008
It's called The Wylde Women Award and it's purpose is to send love to and acknowledge women who brighten your day, teach you new things and live their lives fully with generosity and joy.
The rules of the award are:
1. You can give to one or one hundred or any number in between.
2. Make sure you link to their site.
3. Link back to Tammy at http://tammyvitale.typepad.com/ so that she can visit all these great women.
4. Remember the purpose of the award.
Here goes, this is who I am passing the award on to:
Thanks again Joy for this award. Take a look at Joy's blog, you can visit by clicking here.
Sunday, 26 October 2008
Saturday, 18 October 2008
The colours are alot brighter than I usually use, but I found some Anna Griffin Papers that I had forgotten about, so I used those and I think it came out OK.
I hope she likes it.
Thanks for looking xx
Friday, 17 October 2008
Good Luck everyone.
Saturday, 11 October 2008
The rules are:
1. Link your tagger and list the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some wierd.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names and links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Now I have to tell you 7 facts about me, and I'm not as normal as you may think!!
1. One of my most treasured possessions is a 10" x 8" photo of Donny Osmond which he signed "Happy 40th Birthday Michele, Love Donny".
2. I love chocolate!
3. Now, it gets wierd. I can only eat sandwiches that are cut into triangles or in half diagonally!
I cannot even look at a sandwich that is cut in squares! Told you I was wierd! lol
4. I have several phobias, but the worst one is daddy long legs. I get hysterical if they start to move and have to leave the room.
5. I love playing games and regularly get together with my cousins for games nights and play poker once a month.
6. I am quite forgetful and recently put 2 eggs on to boil and forgot about them until I heard a popping noise from the kitchen - the water had boiled away and my eggs were bouncing around the pan!
7. I am married to the most wonderful man, who is just so supportive of what I love to do and we had our 25th Wedding Anniversary in July.
The 7 people I am tagging are:
3. Jills Cards
4. Me and Lilg
6. Simply Jools
Friday, 10 October 2008
Thursday, 9 October 2008
I really like this card. I made it for my cousin's daughter, Laura, who is 20 today. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA".
Her first words when I gave her the card were "Ooooh I've been waiting for your card all day"
She really loved it, especially the colours and it was also nice to see my card appreciated like that, because when you make cards for other people on order, you never get to see the reaction of who they are made for.
Papers are Pink Petticoat, Ribbon & Flowers from stash.
Take care and thanks for looking xxx